An area of student need involving thoughts, feelings, statements and/or actions of harming or killing oneself.
• Develop a Safety Plan with the student, other teachers, administrators and parents. Consider the amount of time out of class and the procedures to ensure student safety.
• Involve Child and Youth Workers, Social Workers, Guidance and/or psychology staff for support.
• Develop an Alternative Program Plan to help the student work on building self-esteem and worth.
• Develop a positive rapport with the student.
• Reinforce positive skills and attributes of the student in authentic situations with specifics.
• Maintain student privacy from other students.
• Attendance Strategies
• Anger/Frustration Management
• Anxiety Management
• Emotional Regulation
• Personal Care
• Personal Safety
• Self-Regulatory Skills
• Social Skills
• Time Management Skills
• Transition Skills
Kids Health Organization
Helping students and protecting the larger school community