An area of student need, involving advanced cognitive ability for the student’s age/grade level.
• Pretest new information to determine what informaion the student does not yet know.
• Compact the curriculum and offer various learning activities.
• Increase the pace of instruction for the student.
• Focus instruction on higher order thinking skills (analysis, synthesis, divergent thinking, and evaluation).
• Increase the breadth and depth of the curriculum content by involving more abstract concepts, connections and methods of learning.
• Provide leadership opportunities.
• Provide opportunities for self-directed research.
• Implement strategies recommended by board resource teachers (if involved).
• Develop and implement IEP-modified curriculum expectations.
• 50 Tips