An area of student need, involving gross (large) physical motor skills.
• Implement school based recommendations provided by Occupational and Physical Therapists.
• Use assistive devices as prescribed (orthopedic chair, desk, etc).
• Develop and teach alternate programming expectations for the student.
• Reward efforts.
• Provide frequent breaks to avoid fatigue.
• Specifically teach physical education skills that are at a level so as to be attainable by the student.
• Teach skills to address needs.
• Focus on successes and improvements.
• Teach and encourage self-advocacy for the student to articulate needs to avoid injuries.