An area of student need, involving difficulty in following or developing a system of managing materials and ideas.
• Develop an organization system, and provide time and prompts for the student to use it.
• Reward efforts.
• Ise a home communication book/agenda, where the student records the necessary information and the teacher checks for accuracy.
• Provide direct instruction in organizational methods.
• Consider developing and implementing an alternative programming goal pertaining to organization.
• Use a colour-coding system for notebooks.
• Provide graphic organizers to support the development of writing ideas.
• Use a checklist for the student to ensure that required materials are present.
• Use computers and assistive technology with graphic organizers.
Homework strategies and techniques for parents who have children with ADHD. From The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids).